Training Program covers the requirements of the STCW Convention.
Passing the Theoretical part of training program, trainee must:
- Have understanding of electronic navigational chart (ENC) data, precision of these data, displayed principles of these data and other chart data formats;
- Have understanding of danger from overreliance on data;
- Have knowledge of ECDIS functions marked out in usage standards which are in force.
Passing the Practical part of training program, trainee must:
- Have skills to use functions combined with other navigational systems in different equipment, including setting up properly functionality and adjustment;
- Be able to supervise and adjust information, including own position fix at sea, monitoring mode and heading determination, chart data display, route monitoring, user set up information layers, connection points and radar overlay (if this connection is set up) use;
- Be able to make position fix using different methods;
- Be able to effectively use settings to provide conformity with work procedures, including alarm settings, to prevent grounding and set distances to contact points and special zones, chart data conformity evaluation and update status, as well as back up settings and use;
- Be able to customize settings and value according to current conditions;
- Be able to evaluate situation using ECDIS including safe water for navigation awareness, awareness of closing danger, direction and speed of current, chart data and scale use, passage planning evaluation, collision avoidance and understanding of sensor integrity;
- Be able to update charts and system, manage orders and licences, to ensure compliance with requirements;
- Be able to do chart update, including ECDIS system version according to maker’s provided systems developments;
- Know how to manage system backup;
- Know how to create and register fails in accordance with requirements;
- Know how to manage passage plan fails in accordance with procedures;
- Know how to use ECDIS log book and track history, to audit alarm settings and users actions;
- Know how to effectively use received information from ECDIS system for collision avoidance according to COLREG regulations.
In order to enter into the presented training program, trainee must represent:
- Certificate of Competency, Education Certificate or Certificate of Proficiency;
- Seamen’s book or Civil passport or ID;
- Medical Certificate or medical certificate form 100(for coastal water area seafarers’).
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes